Saturday, September 22, 2012

Big Lebowski Cupcakes

I made these specifically for my nephew because it was his 21st bday and he likes The Big Lebowski. If you’ve seen the movie you know what flavor these are – White Russians. I googled a few recipes and ended up using this one. They were so good and tasted exactly like White Russians.


Here's the link to where I found the recipe: http://www.bakedperfection.com/2011/01/white-russian-cupcakes.html

Cupcakes

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 large egg and 1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1/8 cup Vodka
1/4 cup Kahlua, divided (Plus a little more if needed)

 
Steps:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
 
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a separate bowl or in a stand mixer, beat together the sugar and butter until combined. Add egg and egg white, one at a time. Then add the vanilla, Vodka, and 1/8 cup of Kahlua. Gradually add the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the milk in two additions, ending with the flour mixture.
 
Bake 17 -20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcakes comes out clean. While the cupcakes are still warm, brush the tops with the remaining 1/8 cup Kahlua. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.


Frosting

 
Ingredients:
1 stick of butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
pinch of salt
3 - 4 tablespoons Kahlua

Steps:
Beat butter until creamy. Add salt. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating until combined. Add Kahlua 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach desired consistency. (I added more Kahlua until the flavor was just right)



For the decorations I cut straws and put one in each and I had to ask my sister for advice on how to make a bowling ball and bowling pin.


Bowling balls – malted milk balls and Bowling pins – white (vanilla) tootsie rolls and I used frosting ink for the dots and stripes.

My sister used to make all kinds of fun cakes so I knew she would have excellent ideas on what to use. She said to use tootsie rolls because they are easy to shape into whatever you need and if you buy them in the bulk candy isle you can pick out only the colors you need. I’m so glad I asked her because the bowling pins turned out so good.


I know its been awhile since I've posted. I've been baking and cooking lots- just find it hard to get on the computer at home after staring at one all day at work. I'll try to get a few posts up this week. I have LOTS and LOTS to post about.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment