Sunday, July 14, 2013

Breakfast Burrito

We had ribeyes on the grill one night for dinner the weekend of the 4th and (this is hard to believe) I didn't quite finish my ribeye so I had a decent piece leftover the next morning. I decided to chop up some peppers and onions, scramble some eggs, add in the meat and make a pretty good breakfast burrito.



Ingredients:
  • leftover ribeye (sausage, bacon, any kind of meat would do just fine)
  • bell pepper (I used yellow)
  • onion
  • if you like your food more on the hot side you can definitely add like a jalapeno pepper as well, but we are more of a mild to medium household
  • eggs
  • shredded mexican mix cheese (you can use just cheddar but I had that mexican mixed kind that I use for tacos)
  • tortilla shells
  • butter (just enough to melt in pan)
  • crushed red pepper, taco seasoning, salt, pepper
  • sour cream and salsa


Steps:
  • Chop up onion, bell pepper and meat if you need to depending on what your using
  • Heat fry pan and melt a little butter, add onion 
  • When the onion has cooked a little add the pepper and meat (I like the pepper still a little crunchy so I don't let it cook too long) 
  • Add taco seasoning, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper to taste
  • Break eggs in a small bowl and whisk  
  • Add eggs to fry pan and stir/whisk/scramble

  • Heat tortilla shells (I just use the microwave but you can heat in a fry pan as well
  • Turn off the heat and add some cheese to egg mixture and stir around til melted
  • Add some of the egg mixture to each tortilla and roll up
  • Serve with salsa and sour cream (and I topped each with some cilantro)


 
The weekend of the 4th we went up to the cabin for one afternoon and tried to get the dogs to go swimming. Patches sometimes likes swimming but he mainly just likes to run around the yard and sniff stuff.


It was Sister's first time swimming and she didn't like it. Actually she wasn't even very good at swimming. My dad said it was the first dog he's seen that couldn't swim. Oh well. She still had fun up there chasing birds and walking in the garden sniffing everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment