Monday, August 20, 2012

Banana Pudding Dessert

I made this to bring into work for my birthday last week.The recipe made it sound like it was supposed to be cut into squares but even after a full night in the fridge no simple little squares of it were going to happen. Still pretty tasty though. A good dessert for the summer and its so easy to make.

Ingredients:
  • 40 or so Vanilla Wafers
  • 1 small pkg instant pudding – the recipe called for vanilla but the grocery store was out so I used Banana Cream
  • 3 cups milk
  • 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup powered sugar
  • 1 tub cool whip
  • 3 bananas – sliced up
  • About a quarter cup of melted butter

Steps:

1.      Crush up wafers really fine – I used my blended but you can do it by hand if you like
2.      Mix in melted butter and cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan



3.      Put in fridge until ready to use
4.      Mix cream cheese and powered sugar with blender until well blended
5.      Stir in a little less than half of the tub of cool whip
6.      Spread over crushed wafers in pan
7.      Top with sliced bananas – yes 3 bananas is enough so line them up real neat
8.      Mix pudding and milk, whisk for about 2 minutes
9.      Add pudding over bananas


10.   Top with the rest of  the cool whip (ok, nowhere is where I had trouble. I threw on a big glob of cool whip and then had issues spreading it evenly. Maybe I should have let the dish sit in the fridge a while before topping? Or put a few dollops of cool whip all around and then spread out. Not sure)
11.   Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.


Yum!Like I said I brought this into work the day before my bday to share. I always take my bday off of work. I love my birthday and always have a fun day. More to post about that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment