Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Roll-ups

This is my last week with the staff in my department. Monday I begin a new position in a new department. So my staff threw me a good-bye party. They asked what type of food theme I wanted for the potluck because we have had so many different themes- walking tacos, breakfast, hot dog bar, pasta par, baked potato bar, apps/finger food, sweets, state fair food, green (that was for St Patrick’s day), and many more. I picked the kind where we eat all day! For those we bring sweets, appetizers, finger food, hors d'oeuvres  – usually this is for our Christmas party. Its my favorite because, well, duh- you get to eat ALL DAY!!!

I brought roll-ups. Not too difficult of a hors d'oeuvre but really good! You can put just about anything in them. For these I stuffed them with carrots,cucumber and turkey lunch meat. I have used other types of lunch meat and romaine. Just about any veggies or meat works great.

Ingredients: veggies, lunch meat, tortilla shells, cream cheese

Start by slicing your veggies in super duper skinny sticks – what’s the appropriate term? Julienne? I don’t know who Julianne is, so I’m going to say super skinny sticks instead. That is something my dad would say- “who’s Julie?” Whenever we use rosemary in our house my dad would say “Rosemary? Is she coming?”  Anyway.....


Once you have all the veggies ready get out any other ingredients you want to use. I like to have all my “stuffings” out while assembling.

Spread cream cheese all over the tortilla shell – all the way to the ends.

Now line up your fillings – not in the middle – just to the side of the middle, about a quarter of the way in from the end. You don’t want too much filling but enough. I used a few “sticks” of each ingredient. Just play with them til you get the right amount.


Then roll it up- really really tight. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple hours or overnight.

  
When you are ready to eat slice up and serve! Yum! They will disappear faster than you believe so eat a few before you serve them.

____________

My send off party was so yummy! All my staff made such great food. They gave me a picture of all of them on a Hello Kitty pink picture holder, Hello Kitty pink key chain - both perfect!- and all signed a super nice card. They are the best!

Here's some of their deliciousness we feasted on throughout the whole day.....



A few other varieties of roll-ups (mine are on the plate in the back) and antipasto kabobs (should have taken the plastic wrap off first so you could see how pretty those were).


Veggie pizza - I think by the end of the day I had eaten about a quarter of this. So good! And I love how she really loaded it with veggies!



Taco dip! Yum Yum Yum!


Other items we feasted on included: sticky buns (had to have something to start on in the morning for breakfast), eclairs, fruit, rice crispy bars (my favorite dessert of all time) and little cut up smokies/wieners in bbq sauce.


Now that I ate all day I think I'm going to spend the evening sitting on the couch so I don't throw up. haha.





1 comment:

  1. Veggie Pizza Recipe

    2 cans of crescent rolls – place in jellyroll pan; bake 10 to 14 minutes. Cool.

    Small container of sour cream – approx. 1 cup
    1 pkg cream cheese
    2 tablespoons mayo or Miracle Whip
    1 package dry ranch dressing
    Dill weed

    Top with whatever your favorite veggies are.

    Yum!

    ReplyDelete