Saturday, June 23, 2012

Apple Tart

I got this recipe from The Pioneer Woman website/blog and it looked so easy and good that I had to try it. Turned out pretty good. I would serve it with ice cream!

 

Apple Tart

Ingredients:

  • 1 sheet of puff pastry (I only used one sheet since it was my first time making this. It makes three long skinny tarts so really one sheet is enough.)
  • 2 honey crisp apples
  • 1 granny smith apple
  • 1 tbsp or so of lemon juice (didn't actually measure)
  • 1/2 tsp salt (or a couple of dashes of salt since, again, didn't actually measure)
  • about 1 cup brown sugar
  • ground cinnamon

Steps:

  1. take out puff pastry sheet and set aside to thaw
  2. chop apples into thin slices - leave peel on
  3. put all apples into a medium bowl and toss with lemon juice
  4. add brown sugar and salt and toss until evenly coated
  5. puff pastry should be thawed by now - open up (mine came tri-folded so I opened it to a full sheet) and break apart where the creases are, spray pan (I used a jelly roll pan)
  6. place apple mixture down the middle of each piece of pastry (at first I was going to just throw the mixture on but then I decided to make a nice neat row) 
  7. bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes 
  8. as soon as you take the pan out remove them from the pan onto wax paper (at least this is what I did) this way you can immediately rinse and soak the pan because it will be very sticky from the brown sugar leaking off the pastry 
  9. shake ground cinnamon over the top

They taste amazing! But very sticky so moving from the pan to a cooling rack w/wax paper was difficult and it stuck to the wax paper a little. I think I would spray the wax paper next time before placing them on there to cool. Other than that I won't change a thing about the recipe. So good!


Yes- that is a bite taken out of the one. I couldn't wait! 

I had some apple mixture leftover so I think I might make more tomorrow. I like to mix the types of apples I use when baking. Always throwing in at least one granny smith.



The husband is working late tonight so Patches and I are going to watch some tv and clean up the kitchen. Except Patches is already tired - not sure why. He slept all day. Life must be "ruff" as a dog!

Good night all!


1 comment:

  1. my sister said i need to use parchment paper and not wax paper- thats why it stuck. she tried to comment but got confused on logging in. i looked at what type of paper i had and yup- it was was paper. so i'll have to put parchment paper on my grocery list.

    ReplyDelete