Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Strawberry Summer Cupcakes

These are so refreshing and delightful. I think they are perfect for a summer get-together and they look and sound fancy! (By the way- careful who you say "fancy" to. At work this week we have some vendors from a different state and we said something was "fancy" and they thought that was a bad thing. We had to explain that in MN "fancy" is a good thing! Weird huh.) Anyway, here's the delightful summer strawberry cupcakes recipe. By the way- I made these up myself!

Ingredients:
  • 1 strawberry cake mix and everything to make the mix
  • 1 small box banana pudding (I usually use instant pudding, but its up to you)
  • about 1/2 package of graham crackers
  • 2-3 tablespoons of melted butter
  • cool whip
  • sliced fresh strawberries to top the cupcakes
Steps:
  1. crush graham crackers really well
  2. melt butter
  3. combine crushed graham crackers and melted butter
  4. fill cupcake pan with paper liners and press down butter/graham cracker mixture in the bottom of each cupcake - use a glass to press firmly down (good luck finding one that can fit - I think I tried about 6 different items in my kitchen before I finally found one that worked. It was a spice jar turned upside down.) You don't need a thick layer - just enough to cover the bottom.
  5. prepare cake mix as directed and put in cupcake liners
  6. bake according to directions on box
  7. cool completely
  8. core cupcakes (I have a corer that I've mentioned before but you can just cut out the middles. Next time you are at a kitchen store just buy a corer - they are about $5. If you use it once you've gotten your $ out of it.)
  9. prepare pudding according to directions on package and pipe into cupcakes (I mixed in a little bit of cool whip, then piped it in, but you don't have to.)
  10. "frost" with cool whip
  11. top with fresh strawberry
** Store in refrigerator! (or "ice box" as my dad would call it because he has a hard time spelling long words-hehe!)


Oh yeah - I also crumbled graham crackers over the top too!
If I use a cake box mix I get between 16 and 20 cupcakes. I never get 24 like the box says.

Yes- there are at least 11 steps for these, but they are much easier then you think. Try them!




My dad came over last night to help with a few odds and ends around the house. Patches had clawed the screen door so bad that it pretty much had a doggy door in it - not good. We do not have a fenced yard. So, my dad came over and we put a new screen on the door- didn't take long at all and it was a perfect evening outside. Everything was looking good and we were almost done and we noticed Patches walking on our newly screened door! It turned out fine - I threw the cardboard tube in the yard for him to chase and play with until we were done. He really enjoyed that toy until he started eating te cardboard, then I had to take it away.  

 




Patches saying "Who me? I won't touch the new screen door."


That's right Patches - just look! 


Its great having a screen door again! Hopefully it will at least last through this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment