Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I love food

I love food. My family loves food. And when I found myself posting pictures of my creations on facebook over and over again I thought- I should create a place where anyone could see these, why not? So here I am creating a blog when I thought this would never be something I'd do.

Ever since I can remember food was an essential part of my family. Every holiday, every event, every get-together was centered around food. Some families talk about work or the weather - we talk about what we're eating and what we're eating next. Towards the end of each year we would go around and ask what every ones favorite meal was the previous year. My sisters would always vote for the prime rib we eat every New Year's Day, my brother-in-law would say the corn beef and cabbage we had for St Patrick's day. Me- I love my dad's crown pork roast. Every Christmas Day I would help him put those little foil crowns on the tips of each bone. Sooooo good! Now that I'm married and don't live at home anymore I'm on my own to start new traditions and try some classic family recipes on my own and create some of my own. And of course we have to split holidays between two families, so I don't always get the crown pork roast on Christmas anymore. But it just tastes that much better every other year. Yup- married with one kid- a Jack Russell Terrier named Patches who is probably more work than having a real kid, kidding, kind of. But he sure is cute!


Hopefully I will stick with this whole blog thing and post lots of yummy foods and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment