Monday, June 11, 2012

Cupcakes for Contest

I made these a few weeks ago to enter into the Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Recipe Challenge. Still waiting to hear if I won. Their website says winners will be announced soon, whatever "soon" means.

Ingredients:
  • Devil's Food cake mix and ingredients needed to make mix
  • about a cup of peanut butter
  • Duncan Hines Frosting Creation Caramel flavor
  • Slivered or Sliced Almonds
Steps:
  1. Make Devil's Food cupcakes.
  2. Let cool completely.
  3. Core cupcakes - I have a cupcake corer which makes it really easy to do, but you can use an apple corer or just cut out the middles (Discard, eat or find another use for the cores. Someday I'll actually try and make cake pops with the cores. For now I just eat them.)
  4. Fill a piping bag, or I just use a Ziploc bag with the corner snipped off, with peanut butter and fill the cores of the cupcakes.
  5. Frost with Duncan Hines Frosting Creation Caramel flavor. (Make sure you mix the frosting and the flavor packet REALLY well or the frosting is streaky and not all the same color.)
  6. To make them pretty I chopped up sliced almonds and rolled the edges of the cupcakes in the almonds.

That's it! You definitely need a glass of milk with these - so rich! I'm not a big fan of peanut butter, well honestly I don't even like it a little bit. But since a lot of people out there love peanut butter I tried this combination and it turned out great! I even ate two of them.

I had to give them a name to enter the contest and my sister said to name them "PACC Man" cupcakes. P for peanut butter, A for almonds, C for caramel, and C for chocolate. My nephew said to name them chocolate, caramel coronary. I think PACC Man is more appetizing.




And just for fun here's a picture of PatchMan cuddling with his many toys. Cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment